Senior Account Executive, US
AxiCom is the global communications agency for tech brands and brands with a tech story. In a world obsessed with microchips and megapixels, we add heart and soul to the narrative while blending it with data and imagination. We’re the game-changers, the ones who look at trends and say, “That’s cool, but how about we turn it up a notch?” Our team is a group of storytelling pioneers, ready to get their hands dirty. We’re not for everyone, but if you’re a builder, an explorer, and a believer in the power of unconventional thinking, then we might just be the team for you.
Our culture is defined by the three I’s (Intelligence, Integrity, Initiative). We celebrate what makes each of us unique because, it is those differences that fuel our creativity and spark new ideas. Join us, WPP’s only tech specialist agency, in reshaping the world of tech communications one byte at a time.
Please visit our LinkedIn page to apply and learn about the benefits of this role.
As a Senior Account Executive, you will work on driving creative campaigns and seeding the latest products and devices with key media while managing day-to-day aspects of the account/client relationship. In the role, this person will be the thread that connects culture and new generations to exciting consumer technology and innovations.
- Develop knowledge of client verticals, business goals, and overall competitive landscape through research and trade publications
- Write and edit integrated materials, including pitch letters, news releases, social and digital content, blogs, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios
- Create and maintain media lists, handle routine media inquiries, and pitch client messaging
- Monitor several outlets a day and be able to differentiate between what is newsworthy to give constructive and well-thought-out client recommendations
- Develop a vast knowledge of the media landscape that influences your client’s customers while building relationships within those key media outlets
- Develop relationships with external audiences (media, third-party constituencies, etc.) to pitch and convey client stories
- Secure media interviews and coordinate specific events and promotions for clients
- Be comfortable with digital media tools and metrics and utilize social networking formats to reach specific audiences
- Interface with clients, respond effectively to client questions, and contribute to client meetings, all under the supervision of senior managers
- Assist in account administration duties such as billing and activity reports
EXPERIENCE THAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS
- 2-4 years of communications experience within a PR agency preferred
- Technology PR experience
- Creativity and ability to push the envelope while staying adaptable in quick-strike situations
- Passion for telling the client story and a proven track record of success positioning large clients with top-tier media
- Strong writing and editing background
- Understanding of the integration of social media and traditional media
- Ability to take ownership of a program and work with autonomy
- Experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, MuckRack, etc.) is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, along with strong attention to detail
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $45,000 to $90,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, click here for more details.
AxiCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.