Assistant Account Executive, US
AxiCom is the global communications agency for tech brands and brands with a tech story. In a world obsessed with microchips and megapixels, we add heart and soul to the narrative while blending it with data and imagination. We’re the game-changers, the ones who look at trends and say, “That’s cool, but how about we turn it up a notch?” Our team is a group of storytelling pioneers, ready to get their hands dirty. We’re not for everyone, but if you’re a builder, an explorer, and a believer in the power of unconventional thinking, then we might just be the team for you.
Our culture is defined by the three I’s (Intelligence, Integrity, Initiative). We celebrate what makes each of us unique because, it is those differences that fuel our creativity and spark new ideas. Join us, WPP’s only tech specialist agency, in reshaping the world of tech communications one byte at a time.
Please visit our LinkedIn page to apply and learn about the benefits of this role.
Hands-on support for account team(s) delivering the fundamentals of client service, research, media relations, and communications.
- Participating in internal business team meetings
- Writing and distributing pitch letters, news releases, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks, and standby statements
- Monitoring and daily reporting of traditional and social media
- Researching media opportunities, building media lists and mapping media contacts
- Regularly updating the media outlets and target-reporter databases
- Developing relationships with external audiences: media, third party constituencies, vendors
- Preparing monthly activity reports and maintaining calendars
EXPERIENCE THAT CONTRIBUTES TO YOUR SUCCESS
- Previous internship(s) or agency experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills along with a strong attention to detail
- Keen eye for news, curiosity about the media landscape, and an interest in technology
- Strong and thorough research capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram)
- Previous media monitoring experience and experience using media monitoring tools (Cision, Radian6, Gorkana, Vocus, MuckRack, etc.) a plus
- Strong proofreading, writing, and editing skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to work within teams and handle multiple projects in a simultaneous and collaborative manner
- Desire to work in a diverse and inclusive organization as an active participant in cultural initiatives and training opportunities
The base salary for this position at the time of this posting may range from $35,000 to $75,000. Individual compensation varies based on job-related factors, including location, business needs, level of responsibility, experience, and qualifications. We offer a competitive benefits package, click here for more details.
AxiCom is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MF/Disability/Vet, and we are proud of our diverse workforce.